Monday, April 29

A lesson in eldritch physics

Hello!

Alicia has been busy with trying to gain this new girl's trust. So she won't be posting today. But I'm sure you guys don't mind a post from me!

Especially when I talk about a well hidden secret! The secret of resonatorness-y-ness! Have a picture I drew!

Look! I can artz!

Normal: A normal person has almost no effect from being near a Fear. Except, the obvious fear. And uneasiness. Because their frequency just doesn't match up.

Receivers: Most of you have heard of these right? They are somehow tuned in to the frequency of Fear(s). And can get some disturbing stuff happen to them. Mostly hearing creepy ass stuff and seeing things that aren't there. (sounds like the choir to be honest!). They eventually go crazy or kill themselves.

Resonators: The opposite of receivers in a way. Their frequency matches up perfectly with those of the fears. Which can be compared to a swing, push at the right times and eventually the person in the swing gains maximum momentum.
In real life this means the effects Fears have on their surroundings are increased when around resonators. And the longer you are around one the higher you "swing". (Until you hit a maximum amount.)

For Fears this effect is not that great due to difference in raw power. But us shards and fear servants however...

The effects vary for every type of servant but the general effect is an increase of their powers. Like my healing goes a lot faster and better for Alicia than it would on another person. But the effect stays as long as I'm near her. So I could heal others just as well, as long as Alicia stays close.

~Shine

2 comments:

  1. While your physics lesson is interesting certain portions of your post pose other questions.

    I'm seeing an implication that you leave your host on a regular basis (given your talk of "staying close" to Alicia). Now, I would never *let* Bob out for walkies. In fact the only time he's allowed to leave is when we're exploding Birdbrains. But aside from the early days when he kept screaming "let me out, let me out!" he never *wants* to get out except when we're near a host he thinks he might actually be able to dominate and thus would prefer to being in me. It's been my impression not just from Bob but from what I've read about other Shards that it's normal behavior for a Shard to only exit a host when they need to hide themselves, are transferring to a new host, or their current host dies.

    So what gives? Are you some sort of freak? I mean, more so than the rest of your siblings.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I get bored easily. That's pretty much it. Unlike my siblings I actually like humans. (For a reason other than killing them.)

      Problem with you humans is that most of you are boring. Which is probably why some of my sibling play games with you to make it interesting.

      I'm gonna be honest and say, yes I tried that too. I just found it less entertaining than my siblings do.

      Alicia however is not only a resonator, she's also fun! So normally I jump bodies when my host bores me but Alicia isn't boring at all.

      ~Shine

      Delete