Saturday, August 3

Nightmares were not made to last

Kyra reporting in again.

I found the nameless in a park. My plan was to rough him up a bit before letting him go. Then have a bird follow him, in the hope he would return to his "mistress". But just as I had grabbed the bastard I felt a knife being jabbed into my backside.

I turned around and saw the Banshee bitch jumping at me from behind. She screamed right in my face and pinned me down while I was disoriented. Birds tried to crawl out of the wound on my backside. But her screams made them unable to move. The nameless managed to escape while I was trying to push this bitch off of me.

I was sure I was about to die right there but the Birds decided differently. Suddenly a shock of electricity ran through my hands and pushed her off of me. I got back on my feet and grabbed the knife that she stabbed me with.

The electricity had partially paralyzed her for a moment. So when she tried to get back up, she couldn't. She growled up at me, trying harder. 
Alicia had asked me to try "befriending" the Banshee. I doubted it would work but I gave it a try anyway.

Me: So Banshee lady, why the hell are you attacking me all the damn time?
Her: You are... a threat... must kill bird lady..  before she kills me..
Me: Bird lady?..Seriously? 
Her: You and the .. shape shifter, both.. must.. die
Me: I'm gonna guess you mean the Instant. See lady, I'm trying to kill that bastard too and I -
Her: I won't let you kill me!
Me: I'm not trying to kill you dammit, you're the one attacking me! The Instant however IS trying to kill all of us. So I'll offer a deal with you, you help me kill the Instant and I'll leave you alone forever. I won't harm you unless you try to attack me. 
Her: Lies! lies!

At this point she was starting to crawl back on her feet and I was starting to get annoyed.

Me: Dammit woman, I don't even know you, why would I want you dead?
Her:..
Me: I don't even know your name for fucks sake. If you don't want to help that's fine but just don't get in my way. Although we both want this guy dead and working together would make that easier to do. (God, I almost sound like Alicia) 
Her: ..I-I'll help.
Me: Huh.. Okay, good. I'm Kyra and you are?
Her:..Vi-..Echo, my name is Echo.


Well who was expecting that to work? Certainly not me. I still have no idea what she is though. I asked her about the Fears but she seemed to have no idea what I was talking about. So I'll just call her a Banshee. She seems mostly human, except her long cyan colored hair and two different colored eyes. Which could still be "normal" for humans. If the hair is dyed..
Those screams however aren't human. Maybe Alicia will find out more, she knows more about the Fears. Until then she'll just be a mystery I guess. One that hopefully won't murder me in my sleep.

Kyra out.


No comments:

Post a Comment