Sunday, September 1

The Storm, part II

After shooting the Instant I realized that was my last bullet. ._.
So I just threw away the gun and sighed. It didn't matter, guns wouldn't have worked anyway.


The Instant: "Giving up already? That's fast." His grin widened.
Me: "I don't need a gun to stop you."
The Instant: "Its useless, you humans really overestimate yourselves. You can't fight the Gods."
Me:"You're right we do overestimate ourselves. And we can't fight gods. But then again, you're not a god. You're just a shard of a broken and dead god."


That seemed to piss him off. He charged towards me and tried to punch me. I grabbed his fist (or her fist, its confusing..) and blocked it. It was a strong punch but not nearly as strong as I was expecting from a Fear. The Instant seemed surprised too. His expression changed quickly, confused about why I was able to stop him probably.

Shine: "You've absorbed too much of the Unnamed Child's power. You've weakened your host and lost your advantage."
The Instant: " Bullshit!"


I punched him in the face and he stumbled back, kicked him in the stomach. He almost fell down.
His annoying grin disappeared from her face*. Again he charged at me, I dodged, grabbed his/her arm, put my feet in front of his/hers and threw him/her on the floor. He jumped back up and started throwing more punches at me.
He had more power than me but he didn't have any combat training. His movements were predictable. So I managed to block or dodge most of them.


But then I slipped up and he managed to land a blow. I stumbled back against a book rack. He charged at me again. In his rage he seemed to have forgotten about the door to the Catacombs.
He was focused on me now.


I dodged his punches and landed a few myself. But My focus was to get him away from the door and towards the Book. (Even though I still didn't know how to seal him in it. x.x) While I was dancing my way towards where the Library girls were hiding, Kyra and Echo were dealing with the last few Nameless.


The Instant: "STAND STILL DAMMIT!"
Me:" No."

Punched him in the face again. It was then that the Library girls came running out.

Trish: "We've figured out a way to stop him!"
The Instant: "What?!"
Me:" Don't shout the plan while the Instant is listening, damn it!"

Again I punched the Instant while he was distracted.

Me: "Tell Kyra what to do! "

I kept hitting him to keep him busy.
The Girls run towards Kyra but are attacked by two nameless. Trish manages to shoot one of them with a shotgun. But the other jumps at her from the side and stabs her. The other girl screams and drops the Book.


Me: "Shit!"

Distracted by that I failed to notice the Instant's fist. He landed a heavy punch and I hit the wall behind me. He then seemed to suddenly remember about the Catacombs and walked over to the door.
I jumped up and attacked him. He threw me off himself and against a book rack. Echo suddenly attacked him from behind but he punched her in the face and escaped her.
He then dashed towards the door. I got up and ran to the door to stop him, but he was too fast.


Suddenly he stopped moving. His grin reappeared as he looked towards the Book.
I turned around and saw an old man standing over the book. He was wearing a black coat, sunglasses and a fedora.

The Instant:" The Blind Man."

I froze. All our efforts to keep the Instant away from the Blind man and here he just shows up in the middle of the battle. WTF!
The Instant started walking towards the Blind man. The Blind man calmly picked up the Book and opened it. He turned to the Librarian girl (not Trish, the other one.) and put his hand on her head. She closed her eyes and fell on her knees before collapsing on the floor.
The Instant dashed towards the Blind man to jump into him.

The Blind man: "..In any city, in any country..."

The Blind man didn't move as the Instant lay his hand on the Blind man. The Unnamed child's body collapsed. A bright flash followed.
Screams.
The Book closed and a title appeared on it. "The Holder of the Instant."
The Blind man nodded towards me and disappeared.

Me:"What the hell just happened?.."
Shine: "He jumped while the Blind man was reading."
Me: "So he's.."
Shine:"Gone, it's over. The Instant has been sealed."

Before we had a chance to celebrate the Unnamed child's lifeless body started cracking. Out from the cracks a green light was glowing. The light flashed followed by a Bang.



*(Goddamn it this thing's gender is more confusing than EAT's. Do I stick to the Instant's assumed male gender or do I refer to it as female, because its the Unnamed Child's body?)

5 comments:

  1. Holy shit. I was right... About the holder thing... That was a joke.

    Glad to hear that it all worked out in the end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I was thinking it was just a coincidence but nope, it's real. ._.

      Yeah. We we're lucky.

      Delete
    2. You...don't go looking for the others. EVER.

      Delete
    3. Why the fuck would I even want to go after any of those objects?
      Why would anyone even? .-. Then again, there's always some nut that would want to. But it sure as hell ain't me.

      Delete
  2. ...Dammit...I need to Roy about this. NOW.

    ReplyDelete